Kiddie Pool Chemical Shopping List
Six items are necessary for to do a good job maintaining your kiddie pool chemistry:
- A test kit that measures chlorine and pH levels.
such as:Taylor K-1000 OTO/phenol red test kit or HTH OTO Pool and Spa Test Kit
- A pool brush or other plastic bristle brush you can use to brush the pool walls and floor.
- A stabilized form of chlorine, 55% - 62% active: a white powder with the chemical name
sodium dichloroisocyanurate or sodium
dichloro-s-triazine trione. Buy it in a swimming pool labeled container holding 2 - 5 pounds.
such as: PACE Granular or PoolTime Clarity Granular Chlorinating Concentrate
- A particular type of pool algaecide, with the chemical name,
sold in a 60% active strength. Buy one quart for $13 - $18.
such as: HTH Algaecide 60% or PoolTime Non-Foaming 60% Algicide
- Borax, sodium tetraborate.
Buy 1 box
found as 20 Mule Team brand green box from the detergent section of many grocery stores
- Household bleach, 6% sodium hypochlorite. Buy 1 gallon.